This food fest’s got wheels
Denton is celebrating the return and expansion of the A-train’s Friday night service with a food truck festival.
At “Friday Nite Bites,” attendees will be able to taste an assortment of foods — from Vietnamese sandwiches to sushi to dessert — on Friday night in downtown Denton.
The food trucks will be at the Downtown Denton Transit Center from 5 to 10 p.m.
The city decided to limit it to 10 food trucks, including two Denton-based trucks — The Pickled Carrot, serving banh mi, or Vietnamese sandwiches, and Shiitake Swerve, serving soul food.
Along with food, the event will also serve up free live music and entertainment.
Kim Phillips, vice president of the Denton Convention and Visitors Bureau, said it’s an opportunity for visitors to experience Denton’s nightlife scene.
It’s been difficult to promote the nighttime to visitors because A-train service ended before the entertainment began, she said.
“The late-night weekend service has totally opened up our ability to sell the entertainment district as an attraction to Denton,” she said.
For more information, visit www.dentonisthefunnest.com .
— Rachel Mehlhaff
• 5 p.m. — Jeff Glover
• 6:15 p.m. — Tim Philips and Dave White
• 7:30 p.m. — Link Chalon and Dave White
• 8:45 p.m. — Bonnie and Nick Norris
FRIDAY NITE BITES
• What: Food truck festival to celebrate the return of Friday night A-train service, with food, wine and beer, and live music
• When: 5 to 10 p.m. Friday
• Where: Downtown Denton Transit Center, 604 E. Hickory St. at Railroad Avenue
• On the Web: www.dentonisthefunnest.com
• Bombay Chopstix
• The Butcher’s Son
• Crazy Fish
• Gandolfo’s Deli
• The Pickled Carrot
• Rock N’ Roll Tacos
• Rockstar Bakeshop
• Shiitake Swerve
• Three Lions Truck