Nearly 2,900 students to graduate this week
During commencement ceremonies Friday and Saturday, 2,889 University of North Texas students will receive degrees. The ceremonies will be in the UNT Coliseum, at the southeast corner of Highland Street and North Texas Boulevard at 600 Avenue D.
The ceremony for doctoral and master’s degree candidates will be at 3 p.m. Friday, and undergraduate commencement ceremonies are set for 7 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday.
This fall, 2,347 undergraduate students, 493 master’s students and 48 doctoral students applied for graduation.
Watch the live streaming of the commencement ceremonies by clicking on www.unt.edu/commencement/watch.htm .
• The undergraduate commencement ceremony at 7 p.m.on Friday will feature graduates from the College of Education and College of Business.
• The undergraduate ceremony at 9 a.m. Saturday will feature graduates from the College of Public Affairs and Community Service, and College of Engineering.
• The undergraduate ceremony at 1 p.m. Saturday will feature graduates from the College of Visual Arts and Design, Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism, College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism, College of Information and College of Music.
• The undergraduate ceremony at 5 p.m. Saturday will feature graduates from the College of Arts and Sciences.
Graduates and their guests are invited to commencement receptions.
The reception on Friday will take place from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. for doctoral and master’s degree candidates as well as those undergraduate candidates graduating at the 7 p.m. ceremony.
The reception on Saturday will be from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for all other undergraduate candidates.
Both receptions will be at the UNT Gateway Center Ballroom, located on North Texas Boulevard between Eagle Drive and Highland Street and adjacent to the Coliseum at 801 North Texas Blvd.
Division wins four MarCom awards
The University Relations, Communications and Marketing division at the University of North Texas received four MarCom awards for its promotional materials.
The materials were prepared to promote UNT’s range of academics, research and innovative student programs as well as the university’s value to the North Texas region and to the state.
URCM awards are as follows:
• Platinum Award — Undergraduate Viewbook
• Gold Award — A Day in Your Life on Campus
• Gold Award — Transfer Viewbook
• Honorable Mention — How to Choose the Right College for You
The international MarCom Awards competition is sponsored by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals and is one of the oldest and largest competitions in the creative industry.
The MarCom competition has more than 6,000 entries a year and attracts winners ranging from individuals to media conglomerates and Fortune 500 companies.