Motor catches fire at middle school gym

Comments () A Text Size

A motor caught fire at McMath Middle School’s gym, sending Denton firefighters to the campus Wednesday afternoon.

Denton Fire Department spokesman Brad Lahart said the incident did not appear to be major.

Denton school district spokeswoman Sharon Cox said the motor burned out and caused some smoke but no fire. The fire department was called as a precautionary measure, she said, adding that McMath and school district operations staff are still investigating the situation.

— Staff report

 


Comments
DentonRC.com is now using Facebook Comments. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then add your comment below. Your comment is subject to Facebook's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service on data use. If you don't want your comment to appear on Facebook, uncheck the 'Post to Facebook' box. To find out more, read the FAQ .
Copyright 2011 Denton Record-Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.