Cooking fire damages Roanoke restaurant

Comments () A Text Size

A Saturday afternoon restaurant fire in Roanoke required a number of Denton County’s first responders.

A call came in to the Roanoke Fire Department around 2:30 p.m. from Reno Red’s Frontier Cooking. Capt. Doug Parks said the smoker used in the restaurant caused an accidental blaze that brought responding units from Trophy Club, Westlake, Keller, Southlake, Flower Mound and Argyle.

Parks said the fire did some damage to the restaurant’s bar area and cooking area. The restaurant was open at the time of the fire, but everyone got out safely and there were no injuries.

Parks said an early estimate placed the damage cost at $80,000.

— Bj Lewis


Comments
DentonRC.com is now using Facebook Comments. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then add your comment below. Your comment is subject to Facebook's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service on data use. If you don't want your comment to appear on Facebook, uncheck the 'Post to Facebook' box. To find out more, read the FAQ .
Copyright 2011 Denton Record-Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.