The University of North Texas will have its fall commencement ceremonies on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 15-16.
The University expects to give degrees to more than 3,400 students during fall commencement. Among the graduates are 2,731 undergraduate students, 615 master's students and 72 doctoral students.
Some graduating students will be in the Big Easy to cheer for the Mean Green at the New Orleans Bowl. Those students are invited to a UNT commencement ceremony at 6:15 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15 in New Orleans at the Grand Salon A at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras St. Full graduation regalia isn't required, but mortar boards, tams and hoods are encouraged. Students who want to participate in this commencement ceremony have to RSVP online.
Fall ceremonies on campus will take place at both the UNT Coliseum, 600 Ave. D., and at the Murchison Performing Arts Center, 2100 S. Interstate 35E
Bachelor's degree ceremonies on Friday, Dec. 15 are as follows:
- 9 a.m. — College of Science at the UNT Coliseum
- 1 p.m. — College of Business at the UNT Coliseum
- 4 p.m. — College of Music at the Murchison Performing Arts Center
- 4 p.m. — the College of Engineering at the UNT Coliseum
The master's and doctoral degree ceremony will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15 at the UNT Coliseum.
Bachelor's degree ceremonies on Saturday, Dec. 16 are as follows:
- 8 a.m. — College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at the UNT Coliseum
- 11 a.m. — College of Health and Public Service; the College of Information and the UNT New College at the UNT Coliseum
- 2 p.m. — College of Visual Arts & Design, the College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism and the Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism at the UNT Coliseum
- 5 p.m. — College of Education at the UNT Coliseum
Master's and doctoral candidates and their guests are invited to a reception from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15 in the ballroom at the Gateway Center, 801 North Texas Blvd.
FEATURED IMAGE: University of North Texas graduates wave to family and friends in the stands as they enter the field at Apogee Stadium during the 2016 UNT Spring University-wide Commencement, Friday, May 13, 2016, in Denton, Texas. David Minton/DRC.