Skip to Navigation Skip to Main Content

Motor catches fire at middle school gym

A motor caught fire at McMath Middle School’s gym, sending Denton firefighters to the campus Wednesday afternoon.

Denton Fire Department spokesman Brad Lahart said the incident did not appear to be major.

Denton school district spokeswoman Sharon Cox said the motor burned out and caused some smoke but no fire. The fire department was called as a precautionary measure, she said, adding that McMath and school district operations staff are still investigating the situation.

— Staff report