Skip to Navigation Skip to Main Content

Cooking fire damages Roanoke restaurant

A Saturday afternoon restaurant fire in Roanoke required a number of Denton County’s first responders.

A call came in to the Roanoke Fire Department around 2:30 p.m. from Reno Red’s Frontier Cooking. Capt. Doug Parks said the smoker used in the restaurant caused an accidental blaze that brought responding units from Trophy Club, Westlake, Keller, Southlake, Flower Mound and Argyle.

Parks said the fire did some damage to the restaurant’s bar area and cooking area. The restaurant was open at the time of the fire, but everyone got out safely and there were no injuries.

Parks said an early estimate placed the damage cost at $80,000.

— Bj Lewis