Skip to Navigation Skip to Main Content

Argyle boy suffers burns from accidental acid spill

A boy was airlifted to Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth on Monday after suffering a burn from muriatic acid at a home in Argyle, authorities said. 

His injuries were not life threatening, according to Michael Lugo, the Argyle Fire Department's assistant chief of operations. Lugo said he did not know the boy's exact age, only that he is under 10 years old. 

The fire department responded to the call at 4:44 p.m. at a home in the 900 block of Pioneer Circle. Lugo said the boy was burned in the garage after his father accidentally dropped a bottle of the acid, which is typically used to adjust the pH levels in swimming pools.  

No other injuries were reported.