Oppose aerial spraying
To make it short and sweet, here are some reasons to oppose aerial pesticide application.
• Avoiding mosquito bites is far easier than avoiding spray.
• Chemicals used are toxic, according to the EPA.
• Substances being used in spraying have known health risks to beneficial insects, animals and humans.
• Spraying has not been conclusively proven to lower the incidence of West Nile virus fatalities.
• Aerial and land-based spraying invades private property and damages local beekeeping businesses.
• It sets a precedent for future aerial activity and deliberate contamination of the environment.
• It is expensive to taxpayers and involves the state and federal government in local issues.
• Single entities are exhibiting too much power over the health of entire cities and neighborhoods under the current system of emergency declarations.