JONESBORO, Ark. – The Mean Green track & field teams took second place at the Sun Belt Conference Indoor Championships on Monday afternoon at the Convocation Center.
Distance runners paced the men’s side. Troy Taylor and Matt Russ took second and third in the men’s one mile run. Austin Yaeger placed third in the men’s 800-meter run.
Clint Collins led the male sprinters with two third place finishes. Collins placed third in the 200-meter dash with a time of 21.56. Teammate Steven White was just .20 seconds behind Collins to finish fourth in the event.
Collins placed third in the men’s 400-meter dash with a time of 47.57 with White finishing just two spots back with a time of 48.13.
On the women’s side, Ashley Harrison took first in the women’s 400-meter dash with a time of 55.26.
Senior Jo Adams added the 800-meter run to her list of school records. Adams took first in the event in 2:10.57 after winning the women’s mile in 5:01.80 earlier in the day.
Newcomer Christina Taylor, who placed fourth in the mile with a time of 2:16.53, was named Women’s Most Outstanding Freshman thanks to her performance over the past two days.
Senior Chelsea Hermes shattered the school record in the pentathlon when she won the event with 3702 points.
The Mean Green netted 23 All-Conference honors in all.
All-SBC honors are awarded to first place relay teams as well as anyone that finishes in the top-three of their respective events.
SUN BELT CONFERENCE INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
Women’s 55-meter Dash
5. Mona Landry (7.12)
8. Kayla Savoie (7.25)
Women’s 200-meter Dash
6. Kayla Savoie (24.78)
7. Ashley Henry (24.89)
Women’s 400-meter Dash
1. Ashley Harrison (55.26)
Women’s 800-meter Run
1. Jo Adams (2:10.57)
4. Christina Taylor (2:16.53)
Women’s Mile Run
1. Jo Adams (5:01.80)
3. Christina Taylor (5:03.63)
Women’s 5,000-meter Run
9. Melanie Hyder (17:58.44)
Women’s 55-meter Hurdles
2. Chastity Stewart (7.94)
Women’s 4x400 Meter Relay
2. Harrison, El-Amin, Stewart and Henry (3:47.76)
1. Chelsea Hermes (3702 points)
Women’s Triple Jump
Michaela Williams – FOUL
Women’s Pole Vault
5. Sarah Vann (J.3.55m or 11-07.75ft)
7. Jessica McNew (3.40m or 11-01.75ft)
7. Madison Northcutt (3.40m or 11-01.75ft)
Women’s Weight Throw
12. Deja McKnight (14.95m or 49-00.75ft)
19. Ngozi Nweke (13.67m or 44-10.25ft)
22. Victoria Clark (11.81m or 38-09.00ft)
Men’s 55-meter Dash
4. James Fowler (6.44)
7. Johnny Hickman (6.57)
Men’s 200-meter Dash
3. Clint Collins (21.56)
4. Steven White (21.76)
Men’s 400-meter Dash
3. Clint Collins (47.57)
5. Steven White (48.13)
Men’s 800-meter Run
3. Austin Yaeger (1:57.20)
4. Matt Russ (1:58.00)
6. Alex Hita (1:58.33)
7. Bryce McAndrew (1:58.78)
Men’s Mile Run
2. Troy Taylor (4:14.56)
3. Matt Russ (4:15.01)
7. Silvester Harrison (14:18.45)
24. Bryce McAndrew (4:32.08)
Men’s 5,000-meter Run
5. Troy Taylor (15:02.77)
7. James Coleman (15:06.68)
14. Silvester Harrison (15:24.73)
Men’s 4x400 Meter Relay
3. Collins, White, Hickman and Fowler (3:17.36)
Men’s Triple Jump
4. Terrance Williams (14.66m or 48-01.25ft)
7. Clinton Clarke (14.08m or 46-02.50ft)
Men’s Weight Throw
4. John Garrish (18.56m or 60-10.75ft)
7. Charleston Lewis (17.09m or 56-01.00ft)
12. Aaron Sirles (16.12m or 52-10.75ft)